Title: ‘Rejuvenating forgotten waterfront settlements in Malaysia, with specific reference to the Royal Town of Klang’.
Research Grant RM 292,200 over three years from 1st October 2017 to 30th September 2020
Dr. Camelia Kusumo (SABD) (Principal Investigator)
Prof Robert Powell (SABD)
Dr. Sucharita Srirangam (SABD)
Dr. Mary Varghese School of Liberal Arts)
Ms. Hema Letchamanan (School of Education)
Dr. Jasmine Jain (School of Education)
Prof. Moses Samuel (School of Education)
Dr. Logendra Stanley Ponniah (School of Education)
Dr, Rajesh Rajasekaran (School of Engineering)
Title: ‘Art, Architecture and Place making: Improving Emerging ASEAN Cities via Public Art, Materiality and Tourism’.
Research Grant RM 238,000 over three years From 1st October 2017 to 30th September 2020
Dr. Keith Tan Kay Hin (SABD – Principal Investigator)
Dr. Paulo Mura (School of Tourism)
Choy Chun Wei (Design School)
Conference Papers 2015-2018
- Normah Sulaiman and Robert Powell, A Heritage Landmark of the Royal Town of Klang: Balai Bomba, Klang Seletan, World Multidisciplinary Civil Engineering, Architecture, Urban Design, Planning Symposium (WMCAUS) 2017 12th-16th June 2017, Prague, Czech Republic. Funded by Taylor’s University. Published in WMCAUS On-line Journal; Vol.245 4th November 2017. WOS and SCOPUS Indexed ISBN: 978-1-5108-5199-3, ISSN: 1757-8981 Print version by Institute of Physics, Dirac House, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6BE UK (2017).
- Ian Ng Aik Soon, Sin Sze Si Ya Temple, Kuala Lumpur, DAKAM International Architectural Design Conference, Istanbul. Turkey on 16th-17th June 2017. Funded by Taylor’s University
- Zahari Zubir, Koh Jing Hao, Nor Hayati Hussain & Prince Favis Isip, Rejuvenating the Shophouse: Conservation of Historical Buildings in Penang’s Unesco World Heritage Sites, 15th International Conference on Studies, Repairs and Maintenance of Heritage Architecture at Alicante, Spain on 9-11th May 2017. Funded by Taylor’s University. Published in ‘International Journal of Heritage Architecture’ Vol 2 No 2 &3. Published Heritage Architecture Studies, Eds V Echari and C A Brebbia, WIT Press, Southampton Boston 2018, pp 335-346. ISBN 978-1-78466-273-8
- Nurul Alia Ahamad & Nor Hayati Hussain, Reliving Memories though Photographic Mapping of the Royal Museum in Kuala Lumpur, 15th International Conference on Studies, Repairs and Maintenance of Heritage Architecture at Alicante, Spain on 9-11th May 2017. Published in WIT Transactions of the Built Environment. Vol 171 WIT Press, 2017, pp 147-158.
- Sateerah Binti Hassan, Mohamed Rizal Mohamed, Siti Balkish Roslan and Nor Hayati Hussain, Reviving a Historic Street: A Case Study of Jalan Sultan Iskander, Pekan Ipoh, Perak, Great Asian Street Symposium (GASS), National University of Singapore, 12-13th December, 2016.
- Keith Tan, Re-Constructing Heritage: The Mission Schools of Malaysia, In “Archi-Cultural, Interactions through the Silkroad”, Bahcesehir University, Istanbul, Turkey, 2015 Published in Conference Proceedings
- Veronica Ng Foong Peng and Ian Ng Aik Soon, ‘Old Market Square as a container of diasporic Meaning in Chinese Kuala Lumpur’, in Milllennial Asia, Sage Journals, Vol.9, Issue 1, April 30th 2018. SCOPUS Indexed
- Tan, K.K.H. (2018). From ‘Artistic Ape’ to tourist: How the evolution of art mirrors that of tourism. Asia-Pacific Journal of Innovation in Hospitality and Tourism, 7(1), 101-106.
- Tan, K.K.H. (2018). Classic Book Review: The tourist gaze: Leisure and travel in contemporary societies. Annals of Leisure Research. The above is a SCOPUS indexed journal.
- Veronica Ng, ‘Development of MOOCs module in the Architecture classroom’, Journal of Interdisciplinary Research in Education, 2016
- Keith Tan, ‘Energy, in and out: Current Practices in Sustainable Buildings’, in Pengeluaran Bersih/Cleaner Production, DoE, 2015.
- Ar. Lee Cheng Yih & team, 2nd Place in the architectural design competition for the proposed new MBAM Centre. Pertubuhan Akitek Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, October 2017
- Nazmi Anuar Mohamed Anwar & team. 3rd Place in the architectural design competition for the proposed new MBAM Centre. Pertubuhan Akitek Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, October 2017